Here in the year of our Lord 2020, I finally have found the language to describe my series of “failed” relationships and situationships. The term is “entanglements” (courtesy of Jada Pinkett Smith). While Jada and I have almost nothing in common (other than being black women), I identify with the idea of being wrapped in a mess (more than once) with an emotionally immature man. I did this while being emotionally immature myself (YIKES). I cannot divulge all of my juicy secrets in my second post. However, I will admit to the following things:
1. In my early 20s, I went on a date just for the nachos (#teamfluffy)
2. I have an insanely long block list (smh)
3. I never give out my “real number” before a first date
4. My first “real” boyfriend was the ex of a former friend (it was high school y’all)
5. I burned myself while trying to fry pork chops for the guy I was dating (no, he wasn’t worth it)
Tell me about your dating experiences!!!