Post #25: Podcast Episode 20
Post #24: I’m Getting Married 💍
May 21, 2022 was an amazing day! My boyfriend of 1.5 years proposed to me on the 12th floor of the most beautiful hotel. He planned everything and made it truly unforgettable.
I was single and trying to date when I started this blog. I lived alone in my apartment and was unsure of my future. I still cannot believe how things have changed.
Excited to start planning! Excited to enter this new season!
Post #23: New Year 2022…New Me?!?
The new year seems to be the ideal time to set countless goals and make an insane number of lists. I decided to share my resolutions for 2022 and a few tips for you all.
Nikki’s New Year Resolutions
Take more risks
Get back into my health journey (not prioritizing weight loss)
Visit new places
Clean up raggedy money habits
Enhance my PM skills
Get back to therapy
Do not try to change too many things at once
Do not give in to pandemic fatigue
Do not take any people baggage into the new year
Remember to check your dates (2022 not 2021)
Make self-care a priority
The job search and interview process can be difficult. It’s important to know exactly what you are looking for and how to secure that role. Some tips I have for the process are below.
Job Search and Interview Tips
1. Write down a list of what you are looking for in a new job and your dealbreakers
2. Revise your resume and cover letter/customize for each job
3. Use a professional email
4. Set a limit for the number of jobs you will apply to per week
5. Apply to different tiers of jobs (easy, moderate and hard)
6. Send thank you notes after each phase of the interview process
7. Decline same day interviews
8. Test out your connection before the interview
9. Study the company and job posting
10. Write down a list of possible questions/answers
11. Write down follow up questions for the interview
12. Negotiate your salary
It is important to ask questions at the end of each interview. Some questions I suggest are below.
1. What is the workplace culture in the company/department?
2. Can you describe what a typical day looks like in the position?
3. What would you expect me to accomplish within the first 90 days of the position?
4. What are the most important qualities a person would need to possess in order to be successful in the position?
5. How is the performance evaluated?
6. What is the potential for growth in this role?
7. Are there any existing team building methods for the team?